View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 04:59 AM   #10
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
I seriously believe there are too many who just can't comprehend that the manufacturer of these EZ-Lube hubs may just know the right way to put grease in them and when. If you've too much time on your hand (or money in your pocket if paying someone else to do it), go ahead and take each wheel and hub all apart and repack. Simply repacking won't get enough grease inside the hubs though and you'll have to finish the job by pumping the way Dexter says.

As beeje and Tucker said though, I wouldn't trust that enough grease is in them just because they're new. Jacking each wheel and rotating while hand pumping UNTIL GREASE STARTS COMING OUT will solve that problem easily. Since we've been traveling over 10k miles each of the last five years, I follow Dexter's instructions each spring. It takes somewhere around 1/2 to 3/4 a tube until the grease coming out is colored and not black/dark grey. I also check to be certain the bearings are seated (no wheel wobble) and adjust the fixing nut if needed. Never have needed more than a small amount.