View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 09:32 PM   #8
Rick G
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19030
Quote:
Originally Posted by brute84 View Post
Hi,

Moved into our new Montana a couple of Saturdays ago. This is my wife and I's first experience with RV life. Coming off a long early retirement, we decided that if I ever went back to work we would adopt the RV lifestyle and move from work location to work location. No more home purchasing and selling.

We still retain our farm house in Poteau, OK as a permanent base, but expect to live 300+ days/year in the Montana while I work. As I stated, we are RV rookies and are currently learning thru trial and error. I wish we would have recorded our training session, neither of us remembered all that we needed. Three misadventures to date. Two frozen water hose incidents the first week. One I neglected to pay attention to the weather forecast, the second time, the GFCI for my heated water hose tripped and I did not know it. The last misadventure was running out of Propane on a cold evening and having to bundle up overnight until we could buy propane. Yes, I had both tanks open at the same time. Now on a waiting list for a 120 gallon tank. I have a few questions, but will open a new thread for them.

The wife and I feel like newlyweds all over again! Living small.

Gene & Susan
Currently working in Edmond, OK
When you ran out of propane was it cold enough to freeze the water lines in your camper?
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote