View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 12:06 PM   #17
K2mtnman

M.O.C. #23181
Info on KeyTV

Thanks all for your reply’s

I also found some marketing info on KeyTV. Not much to help out. The Montana did not come with any documentation .The service dept had no idea what KeyTV is. Anyway, this is what I know to date:

Keystone Service dept. sent me a 4 page document explaining how the unit works. It’s very simple. (Described in previous post). It wasn’t technical just to either hook up to cable or satellite. (CATV. Or. Satellite)
I did that and CATV works but the SAT does not work with dish.

They also explained that the inner workings of KeyTV is where the magic is supposed to happen. Probably a circuit boards with brains that sort the signals and route to the proper port. They also said that if the blue light is on then the SAT will not work. This doesn’t make sense to me as the blue light is the power on indicator. No way to turn it off without pulling a fuse. And to repeat what I said before, I should not use a longer then 10’ coax cable to my Dish.

So when the DISH tech was out to my place to add a connection to my rv hookup off my shop he measured the signal coming out of the KeyTV (we unscrewed it to get to the back) and the signal he measured was way to low for the receiver to work.

So either my unit is bad or this design needs some rework.

Waiting for another reply from Keystone after the holidays. Unfortunately the service rep is fairly clueless on this as well. Nice person but not helpful. I’ve asked to talk to the design engineer directly but fat chance that will happen.

Any other thoughts out there and Merry Christmas to all.
K2mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote