View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 09:12 AM   #6
SirCampsalot
Established Member

M.O.C. #19186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleback View Post
It hurts us full timers the most when the typical rv owner is looking to just go camping and snapping up the units as long as it looks good at the time of sale. To them its not a necessity like us who need to full time due to jobs. And unfortunate that were the ones who take the hit the hardest when I have to move my house to the dealer so they can fix it. Were looking at another new unit for full time as this one is 4 years old now and it states in the owners manuals on all the ones we have seen that full time is not covered under the warranty. even though it says it is with a sticker on the unit or web site.
X2 why fix something or make it better AS LONG AS THE CONSUMER keeps buying it the way it is? WE are the problem and the frenzy of buying. They have set record after record sales since '09 and until the next economic slow down they just push them out the door to meet demand.

Another reason why the problem falls on deaf ears is the Manufacturer doesnt have to look you in the eyes they have the dealer do their dirty work.

So how does it get fixed or does it? Montana is the largest selling RV for the last 15 years so guess what? They have the largest consumer base so why not form like a PAC (political action committee) RVAC and instead of a rally in Goshen of fun and activities where everyone is drinking the kool aid, go meet with the higher ups possibly get a rep from Thor and ask the hard questions?

Their margins have to be astronomical so its time they produce a product that is reminiscent of the Montana of years gone by. BTW this is industry wide if you read other forums. Same grips and problems and then everyone goes home and noone does anything about it. Is this not what they call INSANITY?

We need consumer advocates that lobby for change in behalf of the end user. There is power in large numbers.

From the movie Network our chant/mantra should be "I'm mad as hell and not going to take it any more". Can you imagine a march to corporate of hundreds of consumers???

Now I am gonna go home and go to bed!
SirCampsalot is offline   Reply With Quote