View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 04:25 PM   #31
Mosnowman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19731
Here’s my work thus far....in addition to my full time job.

Samsung

Phone Calls:
To Camping World Service
4/26/2018 - Voicemail
- left description of problem - requested return call

4/29/2018 - Sunday Service Closed

4/30/2018 - Voicemail
- requested missing Samsung (gray) door gasket seal / return call

5/14/2018 - Service - Voicemail
- second request for seal /return call

5/14: Went to Camping World to speak directly with service. Was told “We sell the refrigerators, but we don’t service them”. Instructed to call Samsung directly.

5/15 Samsung Online Request

5/16 Samsung Callback
- sent trouble shooting email - n/a
- troubleshooting email was not applicable to problem

5/16 Called Samsung spoke with a person
- informed person of missing gasket seal on left door
- person had me verify the following

Steps:
Verify Temp
Demo Mode -48 hours
Wait to hear compressor
Reset icemaker wait 24 hours

I informed him all above steps were completed.

At this point person stated we can’t send technician until all trouble shooting steps are completed???

I stated the door seal was missing and can you send me one to try to see if that helps. At this point after a 10 minute hold he set up service request for technician. Informed me that a Tech will call within 24 hours

5/17: Samsung Leaves Message
“Unfortunately we do not have a service technician in your area. Please forward us your bill of sale.

5/18: Samsung leaves multiple messages on the same day asking for bill of sale

5/21: Uploaded Camping World Bill of Sale - 8:09 central.

5/21: Contacted Keystone - warranty record created - instructed to contact dealer who in turn will contact them.

I am planning on talking with a small dealer in the area where I have the fiver stored on my lake lot. I have gotten to know him over the years, and he mentioned he would try to help me. He doesn’t sell Montana line, but is a Keystone Dealer. Picture small town culture...ie...they care about my problem.
Hopefully they can help me with this.

I will stand by my original comments that when you buy a new Fifth Wheel everything should work or be fixed/replaced by selling dealer. I am not retired, and have a full time job in addition to trying to deal with this. Very frustrated, but being an optimist I think my friend at the small dealership will come through for me...fingers crossed. I will keep you all informed until this is resolved, or I am in litigation with Samsung, Camping World, and Keystone. I am going ahead and contacting the Missouri State Attorney General regarding the issue, and am documenting everything for future court case if neccessary.
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote