View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 03:13 AM   #39
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I sure do agree about poor workmanship and low quality vendor supplied items..However i stand by the RVIA definition of the RV

"From the RVIA....
"An RV is a vehicle designed as temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, travel or season use. RVs may be motorized (motorhomes) or towable (travel trailers, folding camping trailers and truck campers). Off-read vehicles are not included in the RV definition"

They are not designed for the way many of us use them not to say that they should not be or we should have the option available like in our trucks. (heavy Duty)
Of course no dealer or manufacture is going to tell you why you should not purchase their product..not very good marketing.. IMO it is, in very large part the responsibility of the purchaser to do the homework as best they can, instead of believing in the marketing. Our previous campers were all TT's with no frame issues but the stress on a 5th wheel frame is much different that the stress on a TT frame and our heaviest TT was less than 1/2 the max weight of this 3400. Problems like this and the efforts of some folks who will take the manufacture to task may have some impact on product improvement. Oh.. and the bracket is a Lippert provided item..but it is a Keystone responsibility..it is on a Keystone product....And just the term RV..says it is for a limited amount of use as the RVIA definition says.... And''I am defending no one..Just stating the issues as "I" see them.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote