View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
Wearing Yellow Again

Dear Rally Friends,

First off, although the tree limb incident was reported to Dutch Wonderland and was supposedly in process, we have never heard back, and it is low on my priority list right now.

Two weeks ago I underwent emergent appendectomy for a ruptured appendix. A tumor was found during pathological exam. It is a rare cancer, but my surgeon is hopeful we have caught it early. Appendicitis was a good thing; it found the tumor! The tumor and appendicitis were not related.

We need lymph nodes for staging, to see if there is metastasis - if cancer has spread. I will be undergoing surgery for this on August 6, back at St. Luke's Warren Hospital in Phillipsburg, NJ, about 10 minutes from here. The hospital provided superb care when I was in for the appendectomy, so I'm good with going back there. Dave and I both really like my surgeon and have the utmost confidence in him. How can you not when he says "I'm going for a cure." He rocks!

I should be in hospital 4-5 days and we are hopeful that this additional surgery is all that will be needed. We are taking one day, one hour at a time.

You all know this is not my first rodeo, so it's been easier on me than on Dave. We're in waiting mode but enjoying this peaceful interlude of time together while I heal from the previous surgery and gear up for the next.

So I'm wearing Yellow again and getting ready to kick some butt.

Should you wish to do so, feel free to friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/betty.barnes.1614 and/or follow my blog at http://phoenixonceagain.blogspot.com I'm finding social media a relatively effortless way to update a widespread community of friends and loved ones.

Many full-timers out there do not carry health insurance, but we do. Something like this can occur so unexpectedly, so I'm glad we're covered.

We are so fortunate to be well situated with our environment for the rig, work and proximity to good health facilities!

Tailwinds and safe travels,
Betty
TYR is offline   Reply With Quote