Thread: Surge Protector
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Interesting that this subject should come up now. I have a TRC Power Protection Surge Guard 34750 that I bought in the Fall and on this trip is the first time in use. For no apparent reason it shuts the power off to the Monty, for anywhere from 1 to 2 hours, then will reset. Thought at first maybe there was park power problems, but did it again today and there had been no power problems and was told this part has very stable power. I've contacted the company, over in Clearwater to see if they can check the unit later this month when we travel back over to the Gulf side of FL. We have camped since the mid 1970s and never used any surge protection, but after reading the posts here and first hand experience of a friend we thought it would be a wise investment, but not if it can't keep power. Will follow-up when and if I hear back from the Mfr.