View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 09:42 AM   #32
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
You have to remember Haylet is in the business of selling RVs. I'm not knocking them, just sayin'. Like anybody else they'll order you one if that is what you want, but I suspect they spec order RVs and mostly with the RV fridges. Most people do not full time in their RV and therefore are not as fastidious about whether the fridge is an RV type or a residential so whatever is on the lot is what they end up buying.

Haylet is also basing their claims on rigs that are bought and remain more or less factory equipped. Put on a upgrade suspension like the MOR/ryde IS and I'll wager the incidents of residential fridge failure go down. Your call. With the residential you'll have a greater need for power to run it. That means FHU campsites, or a genny or a lot of solar and the attendant infrastructure on board your rig. Again, your call.

The good news for the 3121 is, it has a very high CCC so the weight penalty of adequate AGM batteries(the typical choice for those with residential fridges and/or full timers), inverter, panels etc can be accommodated without cutting into capacity to carry your regular gear and food and water if needed.

To me, it has more to do with how you RV. if you boondock a lot, perhaps the flexibility of an RV fridge could work for you. If your budget can stand the suspension upgrades, or the solar option, a residential will probably work out just fine. With an RV fridge your solar requirements could be much less. Again it depends on how you plan to use your RV.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote