Thread: Going full time
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 07:35 PM   #23
davemitchell59
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23524
We hope to spend more time traveling after I retire in the next 6-15 months. I may spend some of that time workamping. We love our time on the road and, unlike many vacations, as long as we're in our Montana, we feel like we're at home. No burning need get back to our own bed. It's right behind us. Only time will tell whether it becomes full time.

I do have one question for those who full time or are almost full time … Do you move a lot? I know some of you are primarily in one spot for work. But what about the rest of you? Are you moving monthly, quarterly, semi-annually? Following the warmer/cooler weather? Hitting the same spots year after year?

I assume the answers will be all over the board, but we're curious.

Also … How far in advance are you reserving spots? We had a difficult time finding a spot for a week in AZ this February with a couple months lead time. Asking about a month in AZ for next year while we were out there was met with, "Here's our waiting list. Put your name on it and we'll call you later in the summer if there is any availability."

We also had a difficult time finding a spot in central MN for the month of July. We didn't know that central MN would be that difficult. lol

We're just curious how far ahead do we have to be planning for longer stays … especially in popular locations.

Thanks.
2017 Montana 3731FL
davemitchell59 is offline   Reply With Quote