View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Have you been locked out? MOC member to my rescue

We were in Houston this past weekend and I got locked out of the Monty. Hubby was attending a seminar and I came along for the ride. I walked out of the Monty to put the trash out. I came out of the Monty and shut the door behind me, only to find it locked when I tried to open the door. I was outside with no keys, cell phone, and only half a cup of coffee in me. I went to the office and asked if they had a master key to Fifth Wheels. The young lady advised me that they didn't, and that she didn't have the Good Sams Roadside Assistance number. I walked outside and found three lovely gentlemen that were very helpful. They all pulled out their RV keys and walked me back to the Monty. They all tried their keys, with no success. A fellow MOC member was parked near by, so they found him to see if his key would work.

Warren asked me if my basement was locked. It wasn't, so he suggested that we go in through the laundry chute. I crawled into the basement, but was unable to raise the lid. A fellow camper's grandson climbed in and with the help of grandpa they got the chute open. The youngster popped in and had my door open in seconds. Not sure of the young mans name, or his grandpas….. I was operating on a half of a cup of coffee.

It was great getting to meet fellow MOC members, but would have preferred to do it in a different way.

Something that we found out that we all weren’t aware of. If you lock your top left lock with your key from the outside, and someone walks out and shuts the door, they will be locked out of the Monty. The only way you can get back into the Monty is with a key, or climb in the laundry chute, or possibly through a window.

Because you can enter through the laundry chute, has anyone modified it so an uninvited guest is kept out? The locks on the basement doors aren’t sturdy enough to keep anyone out. Of course there is all of the junk in the basement that would deter an uninvited guest.

Warren and Judy thanks for helping a fellow member out. Sorry we didn't get over to see your TV set up after Bob got back from class. Campers next to us came over for information about Texas. Time slipped by and we figured you would be eating dinner. Enjoy the Woodlands it is a great park. We will stay there again when in the area.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote