View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 08:32 PM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Mel, it would be my guess that you have several two inch ducts leading from the furnace to the main duct in the floor off OR have several that have not been hooked up at all and will possibly find them laying on the floor when you remove that back wall in the basement. I took mine off several months ago and found one of the ducts had come loose from the furnace and one was misdirected. The misdirected one was the duct that just goes along the floor and was suppose to go down between the black tank and gray tank to put some heat into the belly. I redirected it into the belly and also took a PVC "Y" and cut the duct going to the bathroom and connected one side of the Y to the balance of the bathroom duct and added another 2" duct to the other end of the Y and directed it and secured it to the area behind the convenient center to put some heat there to keep the pipes from possibly freezing IF the temps drop to much. This also throws heat into the void area behind the basement wall and also into the belly for the water lines. SO FAR it has worked for us but if we do get warnings of any freezing temps overnight we always make sure there is adequate water in the fresh water tank, unhook and coil the fresh water hose and run off the tank for that night or more. We normally do not get into really cold temps while in AZ but we have had a few nights that the water line had froze because we did not unhook it. Learned from those experiences for sure. Just got lucky and the total water lines did not freeze.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote