View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 04:32 PM   #3
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
You shouldn't find anything by going underneath. What you need to do is take the wall out of the basement. Not a big deal just some screws and then you should be able to get in there and see what is happening with the duct work. Usually, it's coming off the connection to the furnace itself.
I just took the grate off the furnace, it's right under the refrigerator. I turned on the heater. Their was so much hot air blowing out of the metal furnace enclosure. Their are 6 "Knockouts" for additional ducts? Only one out of the six has a duct connected to it, it's a 2" flex hose that appears to go down in the under belly. 3 of the other knock outs were loose with a lot of hot air blowing out right under the fridge. I got them all tight and sealed them with Flex Seal. Then the furnace pushes the heat to the door that I removed, it appears that when the air hits the door it's forced down into a duct that leads under the floor to the registers. When I reinstalled the door and turned the furnace on hot air was blowing out the door seams, so I sealed all the way around the door. Now their are no leaks around the furnace. It made the 2 registers down stairs blow even harder then before. The bedroom heat was increased slightly but not even close to the down stairs. Before I can start removing wall in the basement, I have to remove all our CRAP we have in their.