View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #1
scott-pati
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12894
Dodge Recall Part 3 - Must Read!

Here's the scoop I got.

When I posted the info on the tie rods in the Dodge recall part 2 thread, It was my understanding from the noticed I received from Dodge that said "The left tie rod ball stud may fracture", I then read a few posts, where people said the dealers were out of stock of the tie rods, so I went on line to the Summit Racing website and found them there. So, after I ordered them I posted my findings on the recall part 2 thread. Ed (IRlpguy) posted that couldn't be the part because it was so cheap.

I looked under my truck and couldn't figure out what was going on as to what part ED was possibly referring to. The next morning I called Ram to see what exactly is the part they are referring to. The person I spoke with said (after I read the recall notice) they are expanding the notice to replace both sides (left & right).

I told her which parts are we talking about. All she had was a broken diagram showing the parts in question. From looking under my truck and describing what I was looking at, we still could not confirm those exact parts.

I then called my dealer and spoke to the parts dept. and he could not give me a clear answer. He did say that if I came down there he could show me the part in question. The next day I drove a 1/2 hour to see him. He took me in the warehouse to show me what they were getting from Ram. They had 2 sets of them. They weren't the parts we were told they were. See the picture.

What Ram is replacing is what I have circled. I ordered the parts above the circled part. The dealer told me that they are aloud only 1 a week.

So now I and some of you, will not be getting the part that was on the recall notice. Nobody makes that circled part but Ram right now.

I'm still going to replace the parts that I ordered because they are a much better part then the factory ones and have a grease fitting.

I'm so sorry that I may have misled you, but nobody at Ram or the dealer could give me any correct answers and was afraid the truck might break while we are towing and wanted to help make sure that on this forum people could get the needed parts before they ran out.

Scott
scott-pati is offline   Reply With Quote