View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 06:49 PM   #51
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
I have a CC long bed truck. The last one was a CC SB which was used to tow a 5er as well. I could not make the back in 90 plus degree turn into our driveway without pulling well into the cul-de -ac island with a 12 foot wide road in the front of our house. The driveway does not come off the rod perpendiculer either which adds 10-15 degrees to my turn. A tree blocks the blindside. The long bed makes that 90+ degree turn with ease, though the front wheels do go on the island. No big deal as I do the maintenance on that island since my town wont.

It is a much smoother ride with and without the 5er hooked on

It is a PITA in a parking lot at 24 feet long, 173" wheel base. I do not fit in any 'normal' parking space. I DO NOT CARE!!. It gives me a bit of exercise to walk from the back 40. It fits in my garage with 4" at each end to spare It does irritate me if it's raining but have learned to carry an umbrella for my long walk.

This is my 4th of 8 with a long bed ('76, '79, '92, '11 sords). Did I say I prefer a LB? And Fords?

You own/drive what works for you. If a SB does the job, great - just be aware of that tight turn and proximity to that expensive back window and cab corner repairs - or use a slider hitch
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote