View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 03:27 AM   #1
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
The Houston RV Show, Minimal Show

Three of us MOC couples went to the Houston RV Show yesterday and other than being expensive ($22.50 for 2 sandwiches and 2 drinks) it wasn't a great event. Oh, for sure they had the super expensive MH's of all types but I personally was disappointed with the 5th wheels on display. A lot of brands were not represented and there were no upper end units.

We all stopped by the local Montana dealers area (Holiday World) and I noticed there were no Big Sky on display. I asked the sales guy about it and was told they don't stock it anymore, he continued with "if you buy the new Montana with full gelcoat, dual pane windows and the upgrade 4 door refer you have just built a Big Sky for 10 to 15K less. We don't think it's reasonable to charge that much for the same unit." Interesting comment.

After looking at all that was offered I was really happy to get back to my 07 3400RL with GelCoat, Dual Pane and upgraded Refer, but it's NOT a Big Sky.

By the way, the new color wood interior is nice but is it worth a $1250 up charge as listed on the unit we saw. They put a finish on the wood of all units so whats the big deal.

Anyway, those are by humble observations, I'm sure Wayne and Coleen will be along to add their comments, I was very proud of Wayne, he didn't make any impulse buys this year.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote