Thread: Thermostat
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 05:31 AM   #6
wecker1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20840
During this initial year of ownership we too have kept an indoor/outdoor thermometer in our RV to check the accuracy of our two Dometic thermostats. We found that both cool to several degrees below set-point. While through time we understood this and could regulate the temperature accordingly, I wasn't willing to settle for this inaccuracy and failure to operate as intended. I had the main living area thermostat replaced twice and the bedroom thermo once. The last time was just a month ago and the same problem persisted with both. Since my warranty is about to expire, rather than go back to CW I wrote to Dometic customer service and explained the situation. That same day they placed two new thermostats in the mail, under warranty, which I received less than a week later. While I would have preferred to have had thermostats that worked as intended I'm pleased to see Dometic step up to the plate recognizing the issue and providing the replacements. I can only hope now that these actually work.
wecker1 is offline   Reply With Quote