View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 12:06 PM   #45
Wally Dad
Established Member

M.O.C. #20592
Battery Disconnect On/Off = Total Confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerTR21 View Post
Yes, by "off" I mean the connect/disconnect switch in the battery compartment is now turned to disconnected and the convenience center switch is set to disconnect based on how I read Captnjohn's response. If that's not correct can you give me the correct configuration settings that you use? The manuals provided are as worthless as teats on a bull.
Oh, boy the terminology could not be more opposite and confusing. In my case (no residential fridge), there is one disconnect in the convinience center. If I can pull it out, the battery is disconnected and most of my 12v (lights for example) wont operate. If the disconnect is in, and turned so I can't pull it out, then the battery is connected and the 12 lights work.

My question is: the Keystone Owner's Manual says: "The battery disconnect should be on while driving to allow the batteries to be charged." What the frog do they mean by that????

I'm guessing that it means that the disconnect feature is ON so the battery is disconnected from those 12v items. Right? So does it make sense to have to have it in this state (diconnected) when attached to the trailer and driving?

Thanks,
Wally Dad is offline   Reply With Quote