View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 03:06 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
More Hong Kong stuff

She's one tuff lady. Talking about that wife of mine, Dianna. She just left (without me) on a mission trip to Kolcatta (Calcutta) and Bangladesh. This crazy woman has night blindness, osteoparosis, and is alergic to curry. She flew out on Biman Airlines. Who ever heard of Biman Airlines? She is gonna be teaching all day Saturday and Sunday with bad feet. She'll be gone a week. Those who believe in that sort of thing, pray for her health and safety.

This is Lunar New Year, a big deal in China. These folks get three holidays out of it. The Hong Kong Airport is like USA airports at Christmas and Thanksgiving combined. The ubiquitous cabs are difficult to find because they are all in service. Everybody travels. Sunday services will be at about half speed. Sunday will be family day and then Monday and Tuesday will be parades and firewrks. All of Hong Kong is decorated for the occation. It is a sight to see.

I would post some pictures but I can't figure out how. That little pic website said that this country was banned because of violations, so I can't get on. Anyway, "gung hei fat choi" or Happy New Year.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote