View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 02:03 AM   #19
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Oh what the heck Virginia, I may as well throw my nickels worth in here too. We are also full timers in a new unit. Like you we have had issues that 2 different dealers either would not, or could not address to our satisfaction. One of the major issues for us was the staples raising on the roof. Ozz made a suggestion on how to fix those and I will be taking his advise. Keystone Customer Service denied any type of warranty on the roof until the staples actually break through the membrane and start leaking! The other issue we could never get fixed was the furnace. Keystone's Customer Service's answer to that last week was "if you take it in again and the dealer can't find the problem you will have to pay for them to have looked at it". Since my factory warranty expired 2 days ago I will now utilize a mobile tech and my extended warranty to have it finally fixed.

I guess my point here is as full timers, generally speaking we found that the factory warranty, and the way Keystone administers it is worthless for most issues. We have given up and will simply start fixing stuff ourselves or find a good mobile tech to do it and pay our deductible. We are not interested in moving out of our "home" for weeks and weeks while our Montana sits at some dealer, nor are we interested in taking it to Goshen and leaving it.

If the state you purchased your Montana in has a Lemon Law that applies to fivers, then as others have said you could investigate that route. However, some of those laws could involve situations where you have been denied the use of the product for months and months, because it was unable to be repaired. As full timers that could be a rough way to go.

We feel your pain. I just think Keystone's priority is selling as many units to the dealers as they can and hope for the best.