Thread: greenhorns
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 10:21 AM   #35
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Please, I apologize about naming brands. It was unintentional. I was just trying to make a point regarding how a truck is setup. Regardless of the brand, if a tow vehicle is setup correctly, to fit the need, you should never have a problem towing your unit. I was also really just trying to say that 4 wheel drive is not really needed if you know how to setup and use your selected tow vehicle properly and where you plan on using it. I know so many people that have 4 x 4 trucks that as soon as they are off the pavement they are into 4 wheel drive and becasue of that they will swear they need 4 wheel drive which is just not true. Anyway, thats just my 2 cents and there are a lot of 2 cents around.

We didnt have too much damage, at least not what we were excepecting (like Pensacola). Thank goodness we were somewhat spared. We evacuated to GA. We stayed in the best, most friendly campground we have ever stayed in. It wasnt anything special but the owner was a saint. He did not turn one evacuee away. His camp is setup for 42 sites, he easily had over 100 units in the camp for at least 3 days or more. The place is called Shady Oaks (I think) and coming out of FL on I-95 it is at exit 1 in GA. What great people.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote