Thread: Washer/Dryer
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 03:19 AM   #8
SDVIKINGRON
Established Member

M.O.C. #9013
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Exnavydiver

I am not sure which model Montana you have but we have a 340RLQ Big Sky and it is exactly the same as the 3400. I used 20 inches of #8 wire to wire in the dryer plug and even that was a bit long. The nasty mess of wire behind the elect panel is a shock to see at first but there is plenty of space for a double 240 volt 30 amp breaker on the right side of the box. I actually WAY OVER wired the washer and dryer with #8 but it is what I had at the moment and I am lazy and didn't feel like making another trip to Lowes. We have the Bosch units and LOVE them. going on two years on them and they are still going strong. No problems what so ever. They have the largest drum of any of the 24 inch units on the market. Because they are 240 volt they use half the juice during a cycle that a 120 volt unit would use. At .11 cents a KWH that can make a big savings there. We could easily do a load a day or every other day. But we usually end up doing 4 or 5 loads in one day once a week. We use a Progressive Industries Power management system and have never come close to dropping the load because of using the washer/dryer. All we have to say about the Bosch units is in the "pro" column, nothing in the "con" column...
Thanks, Thats about what I expected....Thought about using #10 though as I remember that is all they use in stick built houses especially if a fellow is only running 8"...no line drop....but I seem to overdo most things the Navy way also....like with the #8, might even paint it battleship grey....
SDVIKINGRON is offline   Reply With Quote