View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 04:50 PM   #47
roothoss1282
Established Member

M.O.C. #18012
Quote:
Originally Posted by warsw View Post
Well all I can say Buckeye83 is you are likely going to be disappointed going from your 2015 2500 with air bags to your 3500 srw if you are expecting a handling difference as they are essentially the same truck in everyway other than two extra rear helper springs. A good friend of mine did the same thing last summer and he wish's he had his 2500hd with the airbags back as it handled his 39ft Titanium better than the 3500hd without. He had to add the airbags to get the 3500hd back handling the same. Pretty expensive upgrade for a sticker on the door in my view and his........

Hope you have different experience

This is the post I quoted and the the one I commented to. Read this one.
The 2500 has the same axle, same frame, same brakes and same runninggear as the 3500. Other than the sticker there is no advantage in a 3500 SRW. Like I said " A lot of money for a different sticker. This would also applyto the ops f250/f350 question. You have to remember there is a difference between ability and manufactures ratings.
Yep you are right there is no difference except in the numbers and the 2" spacer, with the F-350 there is about an extra 1000 lbs of pin which is a lot and he wouldn't have to worry about the weight police LOL. The cost between the 250 and the 350 is very little. Anyway I think you get my point. I made the mistake of getting truck before the 5er and decided that I might go bigger on the 5er some day and so when I did get a different truck I got something I didn't have to worry about if I did want ( or she wants who am I kidding lol) a bigger 5er. It ended up costing me a lot of money but I don't have to worry about going out west and like having some meat under me. All good here have a great day.
roothoss1282 is offline   Reply With Quote