View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 11:02 AM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hello Sue and Ed,
If you haven't already downloaded the manual from Dustyfoot then that would be where I'd start. Great pics and really good instructions on EVERYTHING regarding getting the thing up and running.

Our dish has on the back a metal plate that allows the dish to be rotated so as to get the skew correct. It stays mounted on the dish at all times. It has a large sleve on the very back of it that simply slips over the round bracket pipe that is attached to the tripod. Once you have the bracket and the dish hooked together then you can get the correct compass heading by simply turning the whole assembly. Once we have things pretty well lined up we then tighten the bolts down and do the fine tuning. All in all a pretty easy and straight forward process. Do you have the pointing program? This is a little utility program that really makes it easy to get your correct settings.... name is point4020.exe or something very similar.

I think I picked up the utility thing from Datastorm.com. I think you are familar with that site already.

If you can load up that cart you can set up the dish! It is just a little too heavy for one person so both of us help and that makes it really easy. We also have the TV part of it bolted on and that is really nice. By all means plan on taking it with you. Once you've done it a couple of times you'll have no trouble.

Good luck.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote