View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 05:35 AM   #5
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457
I ended up with the Winnegard 3005 HD antenna installed on my rig. I talked to a lot of folks, and the majority seemed happier with direct tv v.s. dish. Having never had dish, can't validate.

Also, from other rvrs I spoke to, the carry outs didn't seem to have the signal strength of the larger installed antennas. Their only advantage seemed to be the ability to move them around incase a roof mounted antenna couldn't see through the trees. Another advantage, obviously, is cost!

I carried a portable direct tv antenna for years, and now am absolutely thrilled with pulling into a park, hitting a button, and having HD TV within minutes. Also, Direct TV will let you stop service on a box when not in use - but I use my rig often enough that I haven't taken the trouble to do that.

S0 - I sound like I own stock in Direct TV and Winnegard - but I don't. Just a happy customer who's been trailering for over 9 years.