View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 02:06 PM   #7
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

There are a lot of things that cause the anode rod to deteriorate. Everything from bad water to bad power in the park.

I didn’t check ours until the end of the first year; it was still 90% complete so I just put it back in. We then spent 6 months traveling the western half of the states and when I checked it at the end of that trip it was almost completely eaten away.

I put a new one in at that time 2010; I checked it every 6 months for 2 years and every year since and it is still 90% there.

I now check it every 6 months if we are traveling out of the area like we did in 2010 but for local stuff I have found once a year is OK. This applies to our use every month to meet with a group of friends at different RV parks within 200 miles of us.

Last summer we made 3 trips to Lincoln Nebraska in a 2 month period, I checked it at the end of that romp and it was still 90%.

As long as most of the Zinc is still there I would put it back in. If you travel the same parks in the same area I would check it every 6 months until you get a feel as to how fast it dissolves and adjust your inspection to fit.

I just use a little water soluble lubricant of some kind like dish soap on the threads and haven’t had a leak yet.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote