Thread: "Protection"
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 06:15 PM   #35
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by prndl View Post
Take a drive north bound up the east side of the Salton Sea and tell me about probable cause when you MUST pass the video cameras, radiation sensors, and other assorted sensors and then the bad attitude agents at the miles from the border in the middle of nowhere inspection station. You WILL be treated and inspected like an escaped felon without cause. BTW this is not an ag inspection either.
We and friends who are heavily armed have passed through the those inspection stations for years without incident. The stations are manned by Immigration and Customs staff (aka Homeland Security) and are federal. They could care less about state gun laws (which are pretty loose in that part of the country) as they are looking for illegal immigrants. I have been through the station on the west side of the Salton Sea (I am not aware of one on the east side but I don't use that route) along with the ones on Hwy-95 from Yuma, I8, outside of Ajo before Tucson, and south of Tucson coming from Nogales. Treat the staff with respect, as you do with the TSA, and they reciprocate in kind.