View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
zeus130
Established Member

M.O.C. #20183
Slideout issues 2008 345DBQ

Apologies in advance if this is long, however I wanted to include as much info as possible so there is less anyone needs to ask before venturing any help.

I have a 2008 Montana Mountaineer 345DBQ. When I closed up my slides in the fall they went in without any problems. When I opened it up this spring, I am having issues with them. When the slides were moving properly, the cycle was the bedroom, bunkhouses together, then the main body. Now it is the bedroom, the main body half way, then one bunk (left), then the other (right), then finishes the main. It is a hydraulic system and you can hear it struggling when the bunks go in and out and the struggling is when the main goes in. No struggling with bedroom. I have learned tat the slides that are moving are moving because they possess the least resistance.

What have I done already:
I have greased the gear rails and gears on all the slides.
Removed all the contacts on the pump, cleaned the connections and put them back.
filled the resivior to about 3/4" from the top.
I have a 50 amp service at my home so it is plugged in.
I have also moved the slides in and out from the battery (does not appear to be any different on battery)
I tried to use the manual override with a drill, and was not able to get the slides to move (just kept spinning). That seemed odd.
I am level front to back and side to side.

What I notice:

When the pump is struggling, I do get a dimming on the lights and when the slides are in all the way and I am just on the switch for a second, the lights dim and almost are off for the brief second.

When the main slide is in, I noticed the the floor on the right side is about 2 inches of the floor but the left side is level.

I am not sure if an adjustment is needed and I am hesitant to tackle that. I am handy and do almost all of my projects and repairs by myself. I also wonder if it is a power issue since there is a dimming when the pump struggles, but it makes sense there could be a dimming. No breakers or fuses have tripped or failed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have not put a volt meter on the pump yet.

Unhappy Camper!!!! John K
zeus130 is offline   Reply With Quote