Thread: Dealer Ratings
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 01:09 PM   #242
mwalton
Established Member

M.O.C. #19168
Sky River RV Pismo Beach CA. Where we bought it. Sales a 5. They tried to pull a fast one on us regarding an identical unit at their Bay area store. They didn't know I had already communicated with the GM who had put in an email they would honor the price.

Needless to say, we got the better price and those two folks we dealt with are no longer with the company, not for these reasons though.

Sky River RV Paso Robles, CA. Service: 10 This is Where we try to get all of our service and repairs done. The exception when we are on a long trip and need assistance somewhere else (I'll come back to that).
Sky River Paso Robles has gone out of their way to fix an eleven item punch list prior to initial warranty running out, zero cost to me. Since they've help me with Easy Care warranty claims on a number of occasions with painless ease; as well as some insurance claim repairs for my oops when they occur. Staff is friendly, service is fast and over all I'd rate them a 10.

They also stepped up when a friend had passed away unexpectedly and his widow asked me to sell their Raptor Toy hauler and their truck. There were a few things the trailer needed, their turnaround was fast and friendly. They knew the former owner as well since he had purchased his unit there. Again service is a 10.

Now coming back to other places as mentioned above.
Camping World Bakersfield. Service: ZERO. They had installed a Winegard traveler that quit working after three months. I took it back to them for repair, they first couldn't diagnose the issue, then after conferring with their service manager about a warranty claim, they wouldn't touch it, said I had to deal with Winegard direct. I ended up taking it back to Sky River Paso Robles who had it fixed in a few days at no cost.

Camping World New Braunfels Texas. Service 3. We had the toilet pedestal flange crack and leak. We took it to them, as they were the nearest Montana dealer where we were located. I clearly identified this as a Easy Care case with them and gave them the policy number and phone number when I checked it in with the service writer. The repair got done, while we were there we asked for the Dometic 320 toilet with elongated seat to be installed, an upgrade. I picked the trailer up, checked the toilet, it was identical to the one that was in it. I immediately declined and asked why they didn't install the 320. Their answer was that "it wouldn't fit". I then asked why would you install the same thing then and not ask me the customer what I wanted done first? Blank stare, then "ok we'll take it out". To which I replied, here's the deal, I want you to try and fit the 320 in there and see if the door closes, if it closes then we're good, I'm not paying the extra labor for your muck up. If it doesn't I'll pay the extra labor for checking and reinstalling my original toilet. I had measured everything in advance knowing we wanted to upgrade to the elongated seat device. Needless to say it fit. We paid and left, later realizing that they did not do the claim with Easy Care. We got that resolved after a few phone calls and a letter of explanation from us to Easy Care. I would not use this store again.

Happy Trails

Mark
MOC #19168
mwalton is offline   Reply With Quote