Thread: 4 x 2 or 4 x 4
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #19
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We have always had a 4x4 except with the Chevy Kodiak 4500 and the Freightliner. The major reason I would buy 4x4's is because very few 2 wheel drive Trucks were on the dealer lots. GM Trucks were mostly ordered with the 4x4 option. I must say I never engaged the 4x4 option while RVing. But each none 4x4 Truck did have a limited slip differential, which is a must have option. Is a 4x4 a nessary option, in my opinion it isn't. It really depends on what type of RVing a person does. We have never been in a RV park were a 4x4 is needed and try very hard not to go into cold weather so we want be in snow if at all possible. The price difference and the extra upkeep on owning a 4x4 would be the major reason I would not need a 4x4. And a person can always call for a wrecker service if you get stuck and can do that many time for the price difference of a 4x4 vs 2 wheel drive. But again its just another want or need but the choice is there. GBY....

P.S. Resale is always better with a 4x4, there are many Ranchers and Farmers that will buy a used Truck that was used for RVing. Most are in excellent shape because of the way RVers use a 1 ton Truck.
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote