Thread: Alignment
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 05:11 PM   #1
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Alignment

I have a 2018 3920, and you can see from below. Since I have had the unit I have put about 9000-9500 miles on it, cross county 2 times. Im about 2 months out of warranty now. I think thats the low down and dirty on the needed info.

Since I got home from our trip and a few smaller ones closer to home I have noticed that all 4 tires on the inside edge are pretty much bald, no steel showing but massive tire wear. so I did some digging into the alignment, as I know im not overloaded so I checked the alignment using a piece of straight angle iron. I should make contact with the tires at 4 points. Well on each side I was only able to make 3 points. Called keystone, called Moryde.

To make a long story short East County Alignment, had to redo my bearings since there was so much play in each tire, and do the alignment. I figured the alignment that was needed was my fault. Come to find out the front axle was 1/4 of an inch out of alignment, the rear was 3/4 of an inch out of alignment. They said unless im driving in reverse at 80 and hit a curb it came from the factory like this. They documented everything and I submitted a claim waiting on Keystone.

Side note, check your alignment !! It was a lot of work for them to correct it. Alignment and fix the angles. Hoping to get my 900+ dollars back and some new Sailuns....

If you don't tow much or far you will never know if its out of alignment, your tires would age out before you could tell, since I tow it far I was able to find the issue somewhat quickly. Fingers crossed they cover it !!

Tony
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote