View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 03:40 AM   #4
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

Direct TV uses a proprietary system called SWM the Winegard carry out doesn’t work with that system without an ad on kit. REF: Winegard DIRECTV Compatible Satellite Antennas

Dish Network used 3 LNB’s and the Winegard G2+ works very well with that one as long as you have power to the power insertion box and the coax between the antenna and the power insertion box is 25 ft or less.

I change from Direct to Dish when ATT took over because their customer service is now none existing and the installer made a mistake install the new SWM system. No one not even the installer knew anything about how the satellite system works. The installer that installed the Direct system spotted the problem right away because he understands the electronics.

I up graded to the G2+ shortly after so we could get the HD channels.

I gave my old carryout to the guy next door and they are happy with it on Direct TV but don’t get HD channels.

The guy next door is another story they didn’t think much of our 5th wheel but bought a used one and a 2007 Duramax last summer and now seem to use it more than we do ours. LOL

Phil P
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote