View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 04:29 PM   #109
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldharley View Post
I have a 2016 Montana with 8000lb axles. How do I identify the brand of axle. I am assuming it is stamped on it somewhere? Where did you place the T from the actuator? did you T at the front of the trailer and then run down both sides or did you run the brake line down one side and then T accross? Is the Stainless version disk brake worth the extra money? Looking forward to this project.

On the back side of each axle is stamped the capacity, part number as well as manufacturer. It ome time there was probably a sticker as well. They are probably the Dexter Divixion of LCI industries if a newer Montana. Older ones conceivably even be AL-KO though doubtful.

Most newer Montanas have 7000 pound axles while some of the earlier ones, depending on model may have 5200, 6000 or 7000 pound axles. A Montana High Country - now that's a crap shoot and another story as ours was shipped with 5200 pound axles under a 38 foot fiver that weighs North of 12K pounds though they are now upgraded to 6000. Other HCs --- ??????
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote