View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 10:25 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Trukdoc, we'll be in Montana at that time. That KOA is fine. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there if visiting Lawrence. There's another rv park at I70 and Kansas highway 7, several miles east of Lawrence. The Lawrence KOA is a couple miles outside of town, on US 24 near the junction with US 59. It's not right in town. But nothing is far from downtown in Lawrence. There's not much else close to Lawrence. We're in Independence, MO, at the moment but that's a 55 to 60 mile drive to Lawrence.

If you want a state park, Clinton Lake's state park is right on the west side of Lawrence. They have electric and water. 30 and 50 amp. Dump station but no sewer hookups. That will be a busy place this time of year and you'll get the partiers and lots of kids this time of year. The KOA would likely be quieter. The state park will require you either buy an annual permit or pay for a daily permit. I think that's around five bucks. So you'd likely be looking at around 18 to 20 per day. We haven't been to that park in a few years but it used to be pretty decent. On the west side of the lake is a Corps of Engineers park. A nice place, electric and water plus dump station. No sewer hookups. But that one is a long way around to Lawrence. Probably 15 to 20 miles. Also busy this time of year.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote