View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 08:54 AM   #16
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
The problem could be a bad motor. It could also be the polarity reversing contactor on top of the motor (basically a heavy duty DC rated relay). The click is probably the contactor actuating. But that doesn't necessarily mean it is supplying voltage to the motor. It could also be a bad wire connection.

There are three large terminals on top of the contactor. The cable from the battery connects to the center one after passing thru an auto reset circuit breaker. The terminal on one side of the center supplies voltage to run the motor forward and the terminal on the other side supplies voltage to run the motor in reverse. I don't think there are any markings to tell which is which. Then there is a large terminal on the side that has a wire going to ground (frame). There are two small wires on the contactor that come from the ext/ret switch. Make sure all those connections are tight.

Below is a picture of mine, although it is an older model.

There should be a constant good 12+ volts on the center terminal when referenced to ground. If not then there is a problem with power to the contactor.

If good voltage on the center terminal, then have someone actuate the extend switch while you check voltage at the terminals on either side of the center terminal. One or the other should show that same 12 volts when the switch is actuated. Same thing on the other terminal when the retract switch is actuated.

If you are getting voltage to the motor terminals when the ext/ret switch is actuated then likely the motor is bad. I would look for a manufacturer name and part number on the motor and then google it to see if it can be found for a lower price.

If you are not getting voltage to the motor terminals when the contactor clicks, then the contactor is likely bad. Same thing about googling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide pump 1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	5262  
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote