View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 04:48 AM   #4
c est la vie

M.O.C. #1727
I have a 2003 Mountaineer and have same condition in 2004 the dealer removed the rear section of the roof to look at another problem something was pushing the roof up in RR corner about 2 feet in length now the roof is lifting up in the same area again plus many other areas near what appears to be joints in under roof construction especially in the area where the roof curves over the edge of structure, on both sides. I recently coated it with the cool seal products and both dealer,Montane,and cool Seal people tell me that it is not a problem, Makes one wonder doesn't it? Personally I'm not too happy about it.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Karl

The bubble may (or may not) become a real problem. The roof of an RV acts like the wing of an airplane. The air moving over the roof when travelling causes a "lift" which is greater with increased speed. In our case, the bubble resulted in a complete shredding of the front 10 feet of the membrane while we were travelling 60 MPH against a 35-40 MPH headwind. We were under warranty, and the entire roof membrane was replaced. My suggestion would be to be sure that your dealer (AND MONTANA) be informed and that you attempt to get assurance in writing that in the event of a problem after the warranty expires the warranty would still cover it. My dealer said the membrane replacement job would have cost about $5000 had we been charged.

The bubble you have seems quite small in comparison to some I have seen while meeting other RV's where there seems to be a big bubble rising over the entire front section of the unit.
c est la vie is offline   Reply With Quote