View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Well iowaone I am new to using the Level Up system on our trailer but here is my experience in case it helps you in any way. Disclaimer...I LOVE THE LEVEL UP SYSTEM!

On level sites it is a dream to work with. You just have to make sure the original setting, what is known as the zero point set, is correct. We had our dealership set it while it was in the shop because the pad our trailer rests on at home is truly sloped. Once that was set it performs great on level ground. Easy to unhook and easy to rehook up!

Last year we went to Bozeman and we arrived late at night. We were exhausted and so ran it through an auto-level sequence and we thought the site was level. The next morning I kept grumbling that the trailer was rocking more than normal. Well...when we went to go check on it the trailer WAS level but ALL of the tires were off the ground. I guess the only way the system could get it level was to raise the sides up so high. No wonder why the trailer was rocking! Once we realized our error it was quickly resolved. The site was high on one side (the kitchen side) and VERY low on the door side. So we simply took advantage of the tires being raised in the air and put some lynx levelers under the tires on the door side. Then we lowered the system down and had it run through the auto-level again and voila! Issue resolved! No more rocking and all of the tires were touching! Now...another disclaimer...the level up system does NOT condone using the leveling system to change a tire or raise them off the ground for any other reason. I would not recommend it either. However, we just took advantage of what had already occurred because of our sheer stupidity! If we had been smart we would have broken out a flashlight the night before and actually checked that the tires were still on the ground and that the site was level. What can I say...we were tired!

I have demonstrated the system to many people and everyone walks away amazed that it is so quick and easy to use. Most of the times we have used the trailer (keep in mind we only purchased it last August) we have NOT had to use any pads under the tires. We just use a lynx pad under the leveling feet...just to prevent sinking (probably overkill but it gives me something to do).

With all of that in mind I would recommend that you play around with it before you actually HAVE to use it at night. Here is why! If you are using the same system Level Up it is not the most intuitive thing on the planet. For example, if you want to retract just the door side rear levelers you can't just push retract rear and pick a side. It retracts the 'rear'...meaning ALL in a certain order. It took some getting used to so make sure you have some time to learn it. I didn't heed my own advice. We took our rig to Yellowstone, arrived late, and I had to figure the system out in the pitch dark. UGH! By now you have probably figured out that I am a true 'blonde'! Please do not hold it against me! At least I am sharing my steep learning curve in the hopes that others will have a gently climb!

Let me know if you have any further questions!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote