View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
prairiepoodle - I have heard someone say that too and I remember them saying they have more tendency to blow up (I think I was in an autoparts store buying a replacement for my car). But all batteries have that problem. When my maintenance free shows a Yellow indicator I replace it. I don't even try and recharge it or refill it. I expect when things are not good (charging system not working right, battery is getting ready to fail) that this is certainly when things might go bad.

I had a brother-in-law that showed me how to remove covers from them, but he was way more mechanically and technically minded than me and probably knew more about them than I cared to. Being more cautious I wouldn't even try.

I know there are maintenance-free deep cycle batteries but have not investigated their merits, history or operation. I wonder how successful they are?

I respect many repairmen, but sometimes they can be more cautious than I am. I would have preferred to know his caution so I can weigh it against what I knew.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote