View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I don't know what latches we have but they have been working just fine. We also have all plastic-like stuff(plastic, melamine, lightweight metal pots & pans, etc.) for all dishware and cookware (including wine glasses, tumblers, plates, etc.) and installed that rubber like stuff for the shelves that keeps things from moving around. We also store a toaster, mixer, griddles and so far, we have been fortunate nothing has come open. The pantry also has the rubber shelf stuff and we try and pack the heaviest stuff lower in the cabinets. We have bounced and jounced on some pretty bad roads and I try and anticipate some bad stuff and slow down to lessen any potential problems.

I don't know what kind of latches they are, but I have checked every one that they line up and latch very well. I do think this is the first key thing to do. I have experienced enough cabinet latches that do NOT line up and had to make adjustments. It's amazing what a factory will deem as acceptable to ship to a customer.

BTW - Off topic.... We've finally been through "The Dalles, OR" (pronounced "the dolls" - even was taught how to say it) and what a surprisingly wonderful place it is (other than the wind).
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote