View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 04:12 PM   #5
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Jsh,
I have already added a sheet of plywood to the floor in that area as a start. However, the factory installed sheet metal robs you of a couple of feet of storage above the top of it. As I mentioned I am considering ripping all the factory sheet metal (heat guard?) out and going back in with Aluminum that goes all the way to the top of the compartment then adding shelves. That will give me a lot of additional storage where I plan to store cooking grills. If I do it that way then if someone after me wants to install a generator it would still be useable for same as I don't plan to remove the wiring.

As for the generator, there is a good reason for a lot of Onan bashers on this site. Your one of the very few people that I have ever heard that liked Onan. I suspect the main issue is they just about have all the RV market. If they had some serious competition I think they would make the improvements that need to be made. Getting their pricing in line would be number one. Followed closely by major improvements in their service centers and information for owners to do their own repairs (better and more accessible manuals/troubleshooting guides). Is your new unit fuel injected?
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote