View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 10:10 PM   #30
Foodgod1
Established Member

M.O.C. #21586
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanalesPac View Post
Ours has been in for repair on one slide (they glued down the original membrane from what I can tell, but it came back up). It’s still there on another repair trip since the second week of July and we were just informed today that they have warranty authorization to fix all slide roofs and add drip pans. I’m waiting to see the work order to know what is to be done exactly, but this timeline for approval is ridiculous. It’s been there over a month on THIS trip and it’s a known problem. Now they can order the parts. We’re stuck without our RV and everything left in the trailer is sitting out on the 100+ outdoor temps. I don’t think it’s our dealer’s fault, but it’s still pretty frustrating. I’m wondering what else we should have done before dropping it off for an unexpected extended stay at the dealership. On the plus side: the fridge is empty (I think).
I record all conversations with the service department. My service department advised me that we could pick up our camper and continue on our vacation through October. By that time the parts will be in and I can bring my 5er back in for repairs. We should be pretty well done with long trips for the year by then. See if your service department will do the same. Download a recording app on your phone and record everything.
Foodgod1 is offline   Reply With Quote