View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Boy, did we pick the wrong day to leave.

Left Naples, Florida this morning around 9:15am. We pulled into the KOA in Valdosta, Ga at 6:00pm this evening. Normally this trip takes about six hours. We had three long traffic back ups. Two were for accidents, but one was for a state trooper sitting in the median. That one was about twenty miles long. I have never seen the traffic so bad. Looked like every snowbird and college student on spring break was headed north.

Then we stopped for fuel between Tampa and Ocala at a Flying "J". Of course with all of the traffic, the station was really busy. However, the idiot in front of us got out of his vehicle, went into the store, came back out and pumped his gas, then sauntered back into the store. Would he or any of the people in his vehicle move it to a parking place in front so we could get to the diesel pump, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo. Finally he sauntered back out of the store and left. We waited close to thirty minutes to get our fuel.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Of course, we could have had it as bad as Ozz. I think I will take the traffic rather than the weather.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote