Thread: Aux fuel tanks
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 10:52 PM   #25
Nighthawk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10340
Aux Tank

When we were planning our trip to Alaska, I told the DW that we should get an aux fuel tank. We already had a Pace Edwards Bedlocker toneau cover, which we love, and we bought a Transfer Flow "L" shaped tank that fit in the bed of the truck behind and under the canister for the tonneau cover.

Our main tank only held 26 gal (98 ltrs). The aux tank from Transfer Flow (Chico, CA) hold another 37 gal (140 ltrs). I installed it myself in a couple of hours. The instruction were very clear.

The TRAX3 display on your dash tells you the percentage left in each tank. It automatically pumps fuel from the aux tank to you main tank so you never need to worry about when you might need to transfer fuel. It's a gem!

As Others have said, it was a pain looking for a fuel station with the 5vr attached. I didn't buy it to save money buying fuel when it is cheap, although that is a positive, I bought it so that I didn't have to stop at every gas station on our day's trip.

The convenience of being able to travel 800+ miles without filling up is hard to put a price on. And the ability to fuel up without the 5vr attached is wonderful.

We just bought a new 2018 Denali with a tank size of 130 ltrs. If I think the stock tank is not enough, I'll definitly get another Transfer Flow.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote