Thread: Pin Weight
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 02:46 PM   #14
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster100 View Post
Quote "Be extremely careful if you try this. Overload the rear and you will have tail wag and unit will become very unstable and dangerous. I trucked for 20 years and have seen it many times"

Full Timing since September 1, 2010

Ya so of I but try over 30yrs... I've had our 3790RD for almost 3yrs now and logged thousands of miles with it loaded as described, it tows best as I describe, no issues, handles perfect. You are stating otherwise but I'm guessing without actually ever towing a 3790 or 3791. On regular ball hitch pull trailers I totally agree with your statements however these units are from from that, the axles are rearward, and as I say it tows great, even better with a full tank of water however I don't like paying fuel mileage for a full tank when I won't need it. The on board water is there in case of an unplanned breakdown only.... Cheers
If you had checked my signature you would see what I have and tow. I'm glad you have been able to get away with this but do not think you should advise someone with less experience (possibly) to try it. Check out You Tube videos of trailer related wrecks. I for one don't want anyone getting hurt on my conscience.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote