Thread: New 3791RD
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 02:18 PM   #23
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
Thanks topjustice. One of the other forum members suggested that MORryde reel to me offline. It looks like a great way to store the overweight monster snake. I like it much better than the one that has the electrical connections built in. I currently store mine near the outside plug. Just tossed in. I've been moving "stuff" around recently to balance weight so will most likely store it in the starboard bow basement after I get the reel.
We also opted for the non-Legacy for all the reasons you stated. Too many things to go wrong with all the electronic controls for me. The only thing I really missed was the remote for the power awning and I bought one for $15 and installed it myself. Came with 2 key fob controllers and works great.
With regard to the power cord, 3 years ago I bought the smallest one (open face) from MorRyde while at the national rally. Cost $80. Mounted it in the street side rear storage compartment right next to the Montanas connection and makes handling it a breeze. Never have to pick up the entire cord at one time and is always where I need it to be.
Also being a retired trucker I don't really see the need for a rear camera. Logged over 3 million miles without one and feel if you use your mirrors properly you should pretty much know what is going on behind you anyway. The window shades that came in ours suit us just fine too. Good at blacking out room.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote