View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 04:27 PM   #23
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade1LI View Post
Thats a great idea, definitely trying this next time, Im sure theres no issue with it hanging there .
I asked B&W, Keystone and Lippert this question....

We bought our RV in Oct 2017 and are using a B&W Companion in a Ram truck.

I'm wanting to know if there would be any harmful side effects of
leaving our B&W Companion RVK3600 hitch attached to the pin box of our
2018.5 Keystone Montana 3791RD and using the front levelers to lift it
from the bed. I would then leave it attached and hanging on the pin of
the RV. I'm just wanting to check to make sure no damage will be
transferred to the frame, pin box or hitch by lifting it by connections.

The answer from B&W:
Thank you for your inquiry. Yes you can do this it will not effect the hitch at all. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thank you,
Casy Weast

And from Keystone:
Thank you for contacting Keystone RV regarding your 2018 Montana. Unfortunately, Keystone cannot assist with recommendations or suggestions that you are pursuing. The Keystone RV Owner’s Manual disclaimer states, “Damage or loss caused in whole or in part by the unauthorized attachments, modifications or alterations to the structure, body, pin box, or frame of the RV including but not limited to trailer hitches for towing, or platforms for supporting cargo;

You may want to contact LCI at customerservice@lci1.com or phone 574-537-8900, as they are the manufacturers of the pinbox and frame.

If you have further questions or concerns please contact owner relations at (866) 425-4369 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm EST or e-mail ownerrelations@keystonerv.com.

Sincerely,

Bettina Rogers

Owner Relations
Keystone, Dutchmen &
Crossroads
Phone: (866) 425-4369
Fax: (866) 273-1451

And from LCI:

Thank you Kenneth. This is not something we would advise as the pinbox and upper deck are not designed to have alot of extra weight hanging from them for a long period of time. Nothing may happen, but then again, if you have any issues, they may not be covered by warranty due to this plan.
Thank you,

Brian O’Rourke
Technical Service Representative
w: 574-537-8900 | f: 574-534-7161