View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Time for another try.

Its been two years since our last post. We had our stick house on the market for almost two years and almost no lookers so we decided to sit out the bad housing market. The realtor has conviced us that the incentives to new home buyers makes it worth the try again. When we last checked out Montanas we had our sights set on the 3400RL or the Big Sky equivalant. Now we have to recheck the available models to see if we might want to change direction.

During our last posts we had a countdown to retirement calendar running. Now we have both been retired for a little more than a year. Life has taken an unanticipated but enjoyable turn for us. We attended a Civil War reenactment a while back and I got hooked on the adventure of riding with the cavalry. I hadn't been on a horse in over 30 years. I bought one and have been riding with the 6th Ohio Cavalry for almost two years now. Bonnie isn't quite that adventursome, but she does follow our events and does a Civil War civilian impression.

We have gotten a taste of life on the road with our new adventure. We have a horse trailer with living quarters. Although it would not be practical to use as anything full time, it has given us an opportunity to assess whether full timing is really what we want to do. The good news is that Bonnie is now eager to hit the road. She feels comfortable in the horse trailer, small as it is and wants to live full time in the Montana.

The current plan is to keep the horse trailer for use with horse related events and use the Montana for all else. Right now we have a lot of catching up to do.
Don and Bonnie Lee
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote