View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 05:18 AM   #9
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
After constructing my metal building, the only thing I would change when I build one for the trailer is my large doors. I have two 10' x 10' metal roll up doors, one front and one back. But they are only corrugated metal with no insulation. The sides simply ride up/down in a U shaped track. With the door down and sun shining on it, you can feel the heat radiating off it from several feet away. And in the winter, with a chill wind blowing, you can feel the cold air blowing in around it also from several feet away. I plan to install insulated panel garage type doors on the next one. Although that large (14' x 14') will require industrial type doors I think.
Also, I have been looking at a raised center horse barn type building for the trailer. One, I like the looks of it. Two, it will be a somewhat less imposing structure with the lower side walls. Three, there will be less interior volume to cool/heat if I want. The center can be large enough and tall enough for the trailer. The sides can be used for rooms, shop, storage, etc. still with a substantial ceiling height. One I have looked at and got some initial pricing is Ameristall. Don't know too much about them yet and am not endorsing them. But seem to be a reputable firm. They will configure a building to whatever size you want. There are other similar manufacturers of the same type building.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote