View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 02:39 AM   #84
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cat320

Very tactful, Don and Dave.

I'll just add one suggestion I have made before, but for the benefit of the new folks, all mention it again. If anyone desires to exceed the weight limits (any of the many weight limits there are out there in rv land...truck, trailer, gross, tire, axle, etc), I would suggest he/she contact their attorney and ask for his/her opinion if involved in an accident, are over weight and are at fault. I have done that, and that is one reason I am driving what I am driving...you will not like what the attorney tells you.
I believe in Canada that may be correct. I have also talked with our attorney and our insurance agent as well as the Kansas Department of Motor Vehicles. I have been assured by all that the weight ratings posted for our trucks are guidelines only. They are not legal requirements. The potential risk is that in case of an accident someone may try to prove that being overweight was the cause of an accident. That potential liability exists. Many of us realize this and have had no problems. And that is also my last comment on this thread.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote