View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 01:10 PM   #13
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomandcolleen View Post
Thanks for your reply. I have talked to a number of people about my roof. Four companies have come to look at it. The fabric on mine is still ok, but the rubber coating has deteriorated, causing the "white residue" which you see on your driveway. My residue started showing up about 2 years ago. If you are seeing this now, then I suggest you have someone look at iyour roof fairly soon. The guy that I chose to do my re-coating has been doing it for about 20 years and his price is pretty reasonable. The quotes which I received (in Arizona) ranged from $350.00 to as high as $1,200.00. My guy is charging $450.00 to thoroughly clean the roof, seal around all vents and apply 2 coats of Elastomeric roof sealer. Some of the other contractors said this wouldn't stick and would only last for a year or less (they also wanted a lot more money to "do it right"). My guy says I should get at least 5 years out of it, even in the Arizona desert. I painted my stucco house with an Elastomeric product about 4 years ago (without cleaning it) and have had zero issues with it, so I decided to take the chance. I'll let you know how I make out!
It is EPDM Rubber and chalking is normal The Chalk is just white pigment used to color the roof so it is only cosmetic
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote